Those in church life know that the season of budgeting is soon upon us. Just as churches need a plan to receive money, they need a plan to spend it. Sadly, some churches don’t think strategically about connecting their budget with their ministry. Rather, they just fill in the blanks from the year before and hope for the best.
Our Foundation is offering two opportunities for a better budgeting. The first is Building a Ministry Budget, led by our president, Manet Shettle, CPA. This workshop helps build a line-item budget from the ground up. In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Develop a detailed budget as a critical first step in crafting an information narrative budget to strengthen and expand your congregation’s stewardship.
- Build a feasible detailed budget that reflects the ministry needs of your congregation.
- Provide your leadership with the information they need to lead.
Our second offering is Creating a Narrative Budget, which I will lead. This workshop helps turn your line-item budget into the story of your work and ministry, which is more helpful for the average church member, and giver. In this workshop you will learn:
- Why people don’t give to budgets—so what do we do?
- How to change line-items into ministry outcomes.
- Ways to increase generosity through creative communication.
If you would like to register for either/both of these opportunities, click here. How we manage our finances, and how we share their use, goes a long way toward giving people the information that helps them be generous.
For more information about stewardship and the care of money, contact us at your Foundation here or by calling us toll free at 877-391-8811.
For more good stuff Follow and Like us on Facebook.
Director of Development
United Methodist Foundation of Indiana